Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"REJECTION" - Illustation Friday



Another drawing for Illustration Friday. I had a lot of different ideas for this theme before settling on the one you see here, but they were all pretty depressing. With summer just coming on, I felt like drawing something upbeat. And here it is.

"Kool Klub" comes from real life. My wife and her sister had a club made up of the two of them when they were kids, and they called it "Kool Klub", with the two K's and everything. The goal of their club was basically to be impolite and unfriendly. For example, they would walk extra slow across crosswalks to hold up traffic, and they would never smile at anyone when greeting them. These were rules they had to follow, even, among others. Ridiculous...

As always, comments are more than welcome, and please do check out my website.

visit my website:www.jacobdewey.com

6 comments:

Tina Poe said...

Very cute, I love all of the little details you included!

Eugenia Gina said...

the curtain pattern on the doorway caught my eyes, hahaha very girlie.. and I like the color scheme too...

Anonymous said...

I was never cool enough to have a tree fort, or club house. :(

Kay Aker said...

Great treehouse!

Nancy Bea Miller said...

I am so completely not cool that I feel a little depressed by the back story of the Kool Klub! ;-> Anyway, it inspired a really nice piece of art work.

Pickledog said...

That's ok I didn't want to join their stinky club anyways.

Great illustration. The tree house looks pretty special (secretly I hope they open up membership to boys.)

Thanks for visiting my blog, it's good to know another B.O.C fan.